Welcome to the 2020 Travel Baseball Registration Registration hosted by East Ridge Athletic Association!
Our mission is to develop young athletes by providing advanced baseball instruction and the opportunity to compete with other players of similar ability. Our objectives are to provide an organized program for the youth of our community that will:
- Promote physical fitness, stamina, and agility.
- Develop self-confidence.
- Develop respect for others, teamwork, pride in team and community.
- Teach the fundamentals of baseball.
- Incorporate the spirit of good sportsmanship in victory and defeat.
- Allow as many players as possible to have an opportunity to participate and develop.
- Play in a safe and healthy environment.
- Build character and set priorities in our lives.
- Allow everyone to have fun and enjoy the game.
- Registration Fees: $300
- The registration fee covers part of the team's expenses for participation in league games, umpires, equipment, field usage, field maintenance and improvement, pre-season training and association administration and support.
- $30 of the registration fee will be used to cover player evaluation expenses and is non-refundable even if a player is not placed on a team.
- Age Requirement: Player must be 9 yrs old by 8/31/20 to meet age requirements to play on city fields.
- U9 & 10 players will need to show proof of age with a birth certificate to make sure we comply with the City mandated minimum age requirement.
- Refund Policy: The registration fee is non-refundable in the event that the player is placed on a team. If a player pays the registration fee, but later decides not to try out for any reason, money will be refunded per the following schedule:
- Notice given 16 days or more than the tryout start date. Full Refund.
- Notice given 15 days or less from the tryout start date. Refund = Registration Fee - $30 administration fee.
- Additional Fees:
- A second payment will be collected at uniform fitting. This fee varies between $150 and $200 depending on the cost of the base uniform and if the athlete will be reusing a jersey from the previous year. Uniform fitting typically occurs in mid-late January. At that time additional pieces of the uniform, equipment and apparel can be purchased. Each family has a four hour volunteer commitment to the organization for each athlete playing in the program. You will have the option at uniform fitting to purchase out of the commitment for $100 per player if you choose. Please see our volunteer policy located on the ERAA Baseball website for more information.
- The third and final installment will be collected at uniform pickup in late March/early April. The final installment amount is dependent on several factors, including how many tournaments your team chooses to play in, how much fundraising has been done.
- Approximate total cost over the three installments (based on 12 players) is $550 - $650. That can vary based on the above factors. There are multiple fundraising opportunities throughout the year to help offset the total cost. Please reach out to an ERAA Baseball board member for more information.
Tryouts for all 2020 travel teams will take place on September 7th and September 8th. Attendance both days at tryouts is mandatory for all players. More information on start times and locations will come out later this month.
For more information navigate to the registration and tryout tab in the ERAA Baseball website.
To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or checking account information available.
Questions can be directed to: